SENAR (no current updates).
September 2020 starters
Preference forms* would have been returned to Birmingham City Council during the autumn term of 2019 (this year’s leavers) and college applications* should have already been made.
Week beginning 24 February 2020
· A notice of amendment and a letter of intent will be sent identifying any proposed amendments to the EHC Plan and the intended Post 16 setting to be named in Section I of the EHC Plan. You will have 15 days to make written representations to the proposals
On 31 March 2020
· Final or amended final EHC Plan will be issued to name the young person’s allocated Post 16 provision for September 2020. A SENAR principal officer’s name will be included on the letter sent with the plan.
September 2021 starters
Preference forms* usually come into schools during the summer term. These are for students in their penultimate year e.g. year 10, 12 or 13.
· The Preference Form is to notify SENAR of which school/college to consult with to ensure that settings can meet the students need. They may also consult with other local colleges.
· Colleges also require an application form following their usually process.
The Birmingham Special Educational Needs & Disability Information, Advice and Support Service (SENDIASS) offers impartial information, advice and support to children and young people with special educational needs or disabilities.
The service is impartial, confidential, and free. If you’re a parent or young person being assessed, the service can:
· Help you to understand the referral process
· Act as a named contact throughout the process
· Help you to communicate with everyone involved in the assessment process
· Provide information about personal budgets
· Put you in touch with other people who can help, if necessary Currently available via email SENDIASS@birmingham.gov.uk